Sunday, August 23, 2015

Define your charteristic

What are your characteristics?
One of my characteristics is the water.  My name means "big water" in the Washoe Indian language. Also, I was born in Hawaii and grew up by the beaches in Maui. My life has been surrounded by things I do in and around the water.  I like to swim in the ocean and fish in rivers in California.  I play water sports such as swimming, bodysurfing and water polo. My art style is based on water.  I like to incorporate water and marine life into my artworks.
A second characteristic of mine is that I am an early riser.  I find that in the early morning hours my mind is fresh and open to the new day and new ideas. 
My third characteristic is that I am a very energetic person.  I like to give one hundred percent and more into whatever I do: art, sports and just interacting with people.

Describe your lineage.
 I was born in Hawaii on the island of Maui. My parents are Filipino. My maternal grandparents were immigrants from the Philippines to America.  My grandfather worked in the agricultural fields of California.  He was a farmer worker before he started working as a laborer at the Mare Island Shipyard in Vallejo, CA.  My grandmother was a creative dressmaker.  She worked as a seamstress for Levi Strauss and Koret of California.  They had four children: two boys and two girls. They emphasized to all their children that education was the most important opportunity they could have in America.  My grandparents put all their children through college and all of them graduated from college. My mother has emphasized the same things about education to my brother and myself.

What are you standing on?
 I am standing on my Filipino heritage, my childhood in Hawaii, my experiences in the water and my travels to Japan.  I am standing on the support and encouragement from my mother.  She always tells me to do my best and reach for my goals. My goals are to go to Japan, learn their culture and pursue my career there. I would like to work for one of the top game industries in Tokyo, Japan.

What is your position in media?
 I see media as a portal to show my creative ideas and express it in a visual mode. I seek is to create worlds and create characters that people can use it, interact with it and gain pleasure from it. I would like to make virtual reality games.  This is why I choose game art and design as a major.

No comments:

Post a Comment